Friday, March 20, 2009

Scott's Morning Walk

Today I went out on my morning power walk/run with my camera in hand. I headed east up the hill, and within 15 minutes I was out in the countryside:


I met this man harvesting his crop to take home to his animals:


I walked/jogged on by, but on my way back down the hill, the man was walking up with his load and his sickle:


I chatted with the man for a few minutes and found out that he is originally from San Pedro de Cajas. He then asked me if I would take another picture as a souvenir:


Later, I stopped to chat with these two women, who were loading milk onto their donkey to take the milk to market:


By the way, I always ask people for permission to take their pictures. One friendly woman with whom I chatted for a few minutes declined; all the others accepted my request and were happy to see themselves on my camera LCD afterwards. I love these happy, bright, hard-working Peruvians.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

How awesome!! I love these photos and would love running there with you!

Sharon and Lin said...

Scott, your photos are truly spectacular! They seem to come from another generation and almost another world. I just love your blog!!

Sharon

Russ said...

I wish it were easier to take a camera along during runs. I'm glad you were able to on Friday. You got some wonderful pictures of some interesting people.

Erin said...

Great photos!