New investigators are taught four lessons before and after their baptism (there is also an additional lesson given after baptism). We recently reviewed the first missionary lesson (on the Restoration of the Gospel) with Brother Dinklang, who was baptized last month.
Missionary Lesson #1 covers the following fundamental principles:
- God is our loving Father.
- The Gospel blesses families.
- Heavenly Father reveals His Gospel in every dispensation.
- Jesus Christ is our Savior and He established His Church during His earthly ministry.
- After the death of Jesus Christ, there was a universal apostasy.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through Joseph Smith.
- The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
- We can pray to know the truth of the Restoration through the Holy Ghost.
We are in Peru to share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We bear witness that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in our day through the Prophet Joseph Smith. We testify that the Book of Mormon is true. We have received this witness as a result of our prayers. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is what matters most in life.