But I want to give credit where credit is due: Mi compañera.
She has taught me that:
- The scriptures are filled with symbols of Christ (2 Ne 11:4) and every verse should be interpreted as testifying of Him.
- "Christ is both the messenger and the message," as she often tells me.
- All the prophets are types and shadows of the Lord Jesus Christ (e.g., Moses, 3 Ne 20:23), so that by studying about their lives and reading their words in the scriptures, we can learn about Christ.
- The words in the scriptures have great symbolic meaning, and to find out the full meaning, we need to look up all the occurrences of that word in the scriptures.
- All the modern scriptures relate back to the Old Testament, so that we shouldn't ignore that great book (or the Pearl of Great Price).
- There are many scholarly studies on the scriptures that can add insight and testimony of the divine calling of the prophet Joseph Smith and of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.
Her book of scriptures is a veritable gold mine of knowledge, which is why I strongly encouraged her to bring her quad, even though it was heavier than all of her skirts and blouses combined. This picture shows you what I mean. Her margin notes contain profound information on virtually every scriptural topic. I wouldn't dare give a talk or a lesson without consulting her and her scriptures first. Her constant study of the scriptures is an example to me.